Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when did you first get into metal?

+5
Admin
michaelsviews
JD-Metallion
m3garh0d
SushiSushiGirl
9 posters

Go down

when did you first get into metal? Empty when did you first get into metal?

Post  SushiSushiGirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am

hey all, when did you all et into metal? i have always been into all sorts but it started with being brought uP wth my dad Playing ozzy osbourne, black sabbath, PorcuPine tree etc and my mum loving meat loaf, abba, cher and mike and the mechanics lol

growing uP i got into linkin Park, blink 182, the rasmus [i know haha oh dear indeed] its only recently that i have enhanced my metal collection and love due to my boyfriend. ild never heard of devin townsend or syl, rob zombie,cathedral,oPeth etc so he has oPened uP my eyes an ears to massively fantastic music haha

so guys when did it all begin??
SushiSushiGirl
SushiSushiGirl

https://www.facebook.com/mummykira

Back to top Go down

when did you first get into metal? Empty Re: when did you first get into metal?

Post  m3garh0d Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:22 am

Haha yeah I got a similar sort of story.

My Dad played loads of Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Priest, Zeppelin, Alice Cooper and Nazareth whilst my Mum had her Bruce Springsteen, The Clash, Madness, Paul Weller and The Jam to name a few of their great tastes.

I have to admit that Linkin Park (though after A Thousand Sun's I can officially declare myself no longer a fan:(,)and Limp Bizkit to start off with, then regretably Metallica's St. Anger period (luckily it gets better after that) and then got into their better stuff after that, leading to my love for Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Rob AND White Zombie, Opeth, Devin, Dream Theater, Firewind, The Scorpions, Type O, Ozzy, Sabbath and Dio to name a few.
m3garh0d
m3garh0d

Back to top Go down

Post  SushiSushiGirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:30 pm

m3garh0d wrote:Haha yeah I got a similar sort of story.

My Dad played loads of Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Priest, Zeppelin, Alice Cooper and Nazareth whilst my Mum had her Bruce Springsteen, The Clash, Madness, Paul Weller and The Jam to name a few of their great tastes.

I have to admit that Linkin Park (though after A Thousand Sun's I can officially declare myself no longer a fan:(,)and Limp Bizkit to start off with, then regretably Metallica's St. Anger period (luckily it gets better after that) and then got into their better stuff after that, leading to my love for Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Rob AND White Zombie, Opeth, Devin, Dream Theater, Firewind, The Scorpions, Type O, Ozzy, Sabbath and Dio to name a few.

i love white zombie too hehe my boyfriend got me into him ansd so many more im ever so grateful to him haha im into blue october alot too so my tastes arnt all metal to be honest.
SushiSushiGirl
SushiSushiGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  JD-Metallion Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm

it started off when i was in high school.... lots of people were listening to linkin park, limp bizkit, the offspring, korn and so on. the more i heard it, the more i got into it, and from there on my metal brain evolved into more extreme bands.... such as thrash, death, black... and then power, melodeath etc. today i continuely look for new (or old) metal bands too listen too.... there's always bands out there too be discovered Smile Thank goodness for the internet \m/
JD-Metallion
JD-Metallion

Back to top Go down

Post  michaelsviews Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I used to and still do like classical and new age music. That is were my musical journey started I guess. I was in school, no one seemed to like metal. One day I stumbled onto Nightwish, and I liked what I heard. I got into more Symphonic and Gothic metal bands, mainly female fronted. As the years have gone by though I am discovering and getting into bands across all genre's of metal. I give everything a chance and like from Black, Gothic, Thrash, Folk, Death to Doom, and all those in between and missed out Smile

michaelsviews

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm

It s the same with me.. I started listening to nu metal around '99.. Really got into it after a Spanish school trip where all the kids I was with played stuff like Korn and Limp Bizkit a lot...And it just went on from there really..
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SushiSushiGirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:59 am

i love not being judged or taken the piss out of for liking korn, link park etc back in the day but we all didnt just get born with all the music in the world in our heads lol its a journey of discovery like one said Very Happy i go threw fazes of listening to one main band like right now its strapping young lad and devin townsend, but before him it was blue october which can be per-sieved as emo but its really just the singer expressing his emotions and feelings like any other artist, need it be old school rock, nu mtel, thrash or black metal. i love all kinds of music, just not pop or rap and r and b lol
SushiSushiGirl
SushiSushiGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Of Mercy Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Basically I was listening to a lot of punk rock at the time and I had this craving for something harder, meaner and basically more technical. SO someone played me Powerslave for the first time and BOOM here I am Very Happy
Angel Of Mercy
Angel Of Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  m3garh0d Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:46 am

by Angel Of Mercy on Thu 30 Sep 2010 - 19:46
Basically I was listening to a lot of punk rock at the time and I had this craving for something harder, meaner and basically more technical. SO someone played me Powerslave for the first time and BOOM here I am

Ahhh Powerslave brilliant album to be introduced to, I wasn't so lucky I was introduced to Virtual XI Razz But I love Maiden for it all the same Very Happy
m3garh0d
m3garh0d

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Of Mercy Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Awww, virtual IX. Poor you. Razz Least it wasn't The X Factor.
Angel Of Mercy
Angel Of Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrZoltan Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 pm

when did I first get into metal lol, showing my age a bit here.
My journy started with the Sweet, T-rex, Mud (late 60's early 70's) and progressed up the chain to what is now called metal. I even survived the punk era some of it wasn't too bad.
MrZoltan
MrZoltan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 pm

MrZoltan wrote:when did I first get into metal lol, showing my age a bit here.
My journy started with the Sweet, T-rex, Mud (late 60's early 70's) and progressed up the chain to what is now called metal. I even survived the punk era some of it wasn't too bad.

Welcome to the forum Mr Zoltan Sir! I salute you! cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Started back in the mid to late 90s, was a bit of an indie kid back there and gradually went from there into rock, then metal. Bands I started out listening to were bands like Pantera, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Sepultura, all that sort of stuff, then started discovering death and black metal after that, now I've got pretty broad tastes not to mention a CD collection that is now taking over my entire house.
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalChick84 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 am

I got into Metal at about the age of 10 as I was growing up with two older brother's, one of them who was playing Metallica, Rage Against The Machine etc. on his guitar and just admired how he played and loved the sound of it! But I went through some phases of other music types for a bit, until coming back to metal again and decided that this is the music for me, my comfort zone! Some of the bands I like I got into through my current boyfriend.
MetalChick84
MetalChick84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 am

MetalChick84 wrote:I got into Metal at about the age of 10 as I was growing up with two older brother's, one of them who was playing Metallica, Rage Against The Machine etc. on his guitar and just admired how he played and loved the sound of it! But I went through some phases of other music types for a bit, until coming back to metal again and decided that this is the music for me, my comfort zone! Some of the bands I like I got into through my current boyfriend.

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum! XD I also got into metal through the rock and nu metal route I still listen to other music as well though but metal mainly cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down