Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Recommenders!

3 posters

Go down

Metal Recommenders! Empty Metal Radio

Post  Demoniac Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:48 am

Anyone got any good links to good online metal radio stations? This one's pretty cool

SnakeNet Metal Radio

Also Totalrock is worth a listen

TotalRock
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metal Recommenders! Empty Re: Metal Recommenders!

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Well a friend of mine on here Ace Lucky has her own Rock Radio Show called Dead Air. Thought id give it a plug on here for her. Its a Lancaster University student radio thing. Tune in Tuesdays nights between 10pm and midnight for all sorts of music including metal listen in on the site on that day by going here http://www.bailriggfm.co.uk/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AceLucky Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 pm

^ thank you Very Happy

I play all sorts of music that mostly falls under the rock genre, including metal. I always like new listeners and love having texts and requests in:D
AceLucky
AceLucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metal Recommenders! Empty Jamendo (free music)

Post  Demoniac Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey, have any of you ever heard of or use a website called Jamendo?

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

It's a free legal music download site, has thousands of albums you can listen to on the site and download if you like them. It's legal because the music on there is distributed under Creative Commons licenses, basically means the artists have given permission for their music to be downloaded and distributed freely while still retaining the copyright. So you're not gonna hear stuff like Children Of Bodom on there, or indeed any commercially distributed music, the bands and artists are mostly unknown and unsigned bands but there's still some good stuff, around 42,000 albums from every genre you could think of, be it pop, dance, doom, black metal, whatever, it's all on there. Also of course the artists aren't motivated by money or hoping to sell a million albums so it's all about their own creativity and passion for the music they make, so you get some pretty decent and unique albums on there.

Anyone wants to add me as a friend on there I'm Amorphous78, feel free, and if anyone comes across any treasures on there feel free to tell us about them on this thread. I'd recommend either of Cynicism's albums for starters!
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Forgot to say, best way to find stuff on there, if you want to look for specific genres go to the music menu at the top and select the "tags" option, that'll let you choose by any genre that's been tagged. Other than that, just explore, experiment, find your way around and hopefully find some decent music.
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Metal Recommenders! Empty Metal Recommenders!

Post  Admin Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Know something good thats metal related or in closely related genres? Post it here! NB - From now on band recommendations that are NOT of your own bands/groups can go in this thread. For recommending/promotion of your OWN work please post in the Promotions Thread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down