Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats Bothering You?

5 posters

Go down

Whats Bothering You? Empty Whats Bothering You?

Post  Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 am

Things that make you mad/sad or stuff stressing you out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Whats Bothering You? Empty Re: Whats Bothering You?

Post  AceLucky Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

People sticking their frickin noses in where it isn't wanted Evil or Very Mad
AceLucky
AceLucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:34 pm

AceLucky wrote:People sticking their frickin noses in where it isn't wanted Evil or Very Mad

Hugs Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AceLucky Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:39 pm

^ thank you Smile I've been a bit erm pissed off and feeling really low the past week or so but will explain more when I see you!
AceLucky
AceLucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Feeling this used up inside ...
... liking a certain someone so much, I am begining to hate them Mad ... and all things along those lines Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:43 am

**Offers hugs** Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 am

Il link this to shit going on in the world too. The new benefit "reforms" look pretty shit. Enforced labour and people will look down on us unemployed even more and more will scapegoat us for things when its the bank and corrupt governments fault. I told people we d have big probs if Torys got back in power and look at what their doing! Already the so called "job broker" at the place linked to the Job Centre where I have to go is "forcing" me to do a multi drop of CVs at all the agencies in town and not only that I gotta apply for jobs that not only arent linked with what I wanna do but may well be less then 6 months as agency work is often that! What part of "this is not going to be sustainable" dont they understand? And how long will I last in a job I (a) have no interest in and (b) have no experience in? More to the point. Will I even GET that type of job with my limited field of experience? Id say no! And now with this tougher reform thing iv read about where with 3 refusals for job offers no benefits for 3 years what kinda fuckery is this? The DWP have been known to fuck up (indeed they ended one of my claims due to a letter they never fucking sent me!) and so basically if a civil servant messes up when this comes into force then God help you! Us "unemployed" are not all "scroungers, idlers cheats and layabouts" sure I look for work every week have been called "very pro - active" by my adviser only the other day I printed out 26 PAGES of things id done over the past fortnight to show her. I do more then your average doley would do in fact. Call me a scrounger and work shy again will you Mr Fuckin Cameron?!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 am

With you on that one, I mean the welfare system was gonna get an overhaul regardless of who got in, but I don't agree with the way the government and particularly certain elements of the right wing media (Daily Mail and Daily Express I'm looking at you) are portraying anyone who's claiming benefits as cheats, scroungers or idle, basically their way of priming people so they kick up less of a stink when the government inevitably cuts money to those who are in difficult circumstances anyway. Granted there are people taking the piss out of the welfare system, they need to be dealt with but at the end of the day the benefits system is there to support people who either are out of work but looking for work, or those who for through no fault of their own are unable to work. Those who are genuinely in those circumstances are entitled to, and should get, the support they need without being made to feel like a piece of crap for doing it.

I mean lots of people are unemployed, it's tough times and that's often not their fault, lots of people are losing their jobs, new jobs just aren't there anyway so it's kinda like kicking people when they're down. I mean unpaid community work? Sweeping streets, picking litter? That's sort of shit you give to criminals doing community service, it's not how society should be treating people who are already having a hard time and are demoralised as it is. If you want the unemployed to do shit like that why not pay them minimum wage to do it, as opposed to making them work 30 hours for their £60 or whatever JSA pays per week, that's just exploitation in my view. Granted there's people out there deliberately avoiding work, there's also people that have been out of work so long they're practically unemployable, so maybe they would benefit from being made to do some sort of work to give them experience, get them into a routine and give them something good to put on their CV but hell, give em something meaningful to do, charity work or work placements that might lead up to a paid job if it goes well, something that is geared up to actually help them, boost their morale and motivation and possibly help them get back into work, not this punitive measure that's gonna be brought in.

I mean you know my circumstances, I'm on disability related benefits cos of long term mental health issues so most of this doesn't affect me anyway, although other measures might do, for people on incapacity they're switching them over to ESA which requires this work capability assessment thing, which seems to fall flat on its face for those with mental rather than physical conditions, that's my main concern at the moment, will just have to see on that one. But as I said, the way the media is portraying those on benefits is really frustrating, I'm no slacker either, I do a fair bit of voluntary work so it's not like I'm sitting on my arse doing nothing all day, but if I were to take a paid job they'd want me in all day, every day for the foreseeable future which with my condition I just can't do, at least with the voluntary work I can pick it up and put it down as my health fluctuates. Yes there ARE slackers and there ARE cheats, but the way the media is trying to tar everyone with the same brush does my head in as well.

As I said earlier, whoever got elected would've had to look at the welfare system, I don't mind that, and to be honest I'd welcome any measures that do get the fraudsters and the work shy off their arses cos it's those that are drawing stigma down on the rest of us, but any system has got to be fair, and shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater by penalising genuine cases, for most people it's not a lifestyle choice, it's an unfortunate necessity and many of us have a hard enough time as it is without either the government or the media putting the boot in even more!
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am

[quote="Demoniac"]With you on that one, I mean the welfare system was gonna get an overhaul regardless of who got in, but I don't agree with the way the government and particularly certain elements of the right wing media (Daily Mail and Daily Express I'm looking at you) are portraying anyone who's claiming benefits as cheats, scroungers or idle, basically their way of priming people so they kick up less of a stink when the government inevitably cuts money to those who are in difficult circumstances anyway. Granted there are people taking the piss out of the welfare system, they need to be dealt with but at the end of the day the benefits system is there to support people who either are out of work but looking for work, or those who for through no fault of their own are unable to work. Those who are genuinely in those circumstances are entitled to, and should get, the support they need without being made to feel like a piece of crap for doing it.

I mean lots of people are unemployed, it's tough times and that's often not their fault, lots of people are losing their jobs, new jobs just aren't there anyway so it's kinda like kicking people when they're down. I mean unpaid community work? Sweeping streets, picking litter? That's sort of shit you give to criminals doing community service, it's not how society should be treating people who are already having a hard time and are demoralised as it is. If you want the unemployed to do shit like that why not pay them minimum wage to do it, as opposed to making them work 30 hours for their £60 or whatever JSA pays per week, that's just exploitation in my view. Granted there's people out there deliberately avoiding work, there's also people that have been out of work so long they're practically unemployable, so maybe they would benefit from being made to do some sort of work to give them experience, get them into a routine and give them something good to put on their CV but hell, give em something meaningful to do, charity work or work placements that might lead up to a paid job if it goes well, something that is geared up to actually help them, boost their morale and motivation and possibly help them get back into work, not this punitive measure that's gonna be brought in.

I fully agree with you! Enforced "slave" type of labour is for criminals the unemployed are NOT criminals! Half my JSA (£60) goes on internet/phone top ups. That I make last me 3 weeks. I NEED credit on my phone should prospective employers ring or I have to ring them etc. Internet obvious reason keeping in touch with people, looking for work networking etc. Out of the £128 I get every two weeks that doesnt leave me a heck of a lot over. Sometimes with the extra £20 I buy paper supplies, ink, whatever.. I mean sometimes I buy stuff to make me happy eg books, music what not.. and as you know gig tickets but that gets me out, gives me a social life and stops me feelin so depressed all the time if they cut my money I cant even do that some individuals will turn to absolute despair or crime to just make ends meet. Id protest and shout in the street but im not even a British citizen I dont have a voice and theres noone who genuinely cares who' ll listen to us Doleys anyway because oh wait we re just a load of criminals arent we Shocked ffs....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AceLucky Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Having so much university work to do as well as other commitments to the point where you want to scream. On the other hand, I love being busy I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also constant headaches at the moment and being ill and the doctors not being able to do anything about it.
AceLucky
AceLucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm

This.... freezing weather! Ok for Penguins but not for us!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakira Thu May 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Admin wrote:Things that make you mad/sad or stuff stressing you out.

I've loved metal for years. I used to listen to shitty alt. rock, then it went to shitty metal core. Then it went to horrible grind core (Some of it i still admittedly like>.>) To the music I love now. Thing is, I'm a minority... I don't mean to sound dramatic or stupid. Not only am I a female, but I am also still in high school. You know what high school is like with metal? Shit. There are the "edgy" kids who listen to mainstream metal core, and then there is everyone else who couldn't name a metal band for their lives. I've come to associate myself with the gamers and artsy kids. Also, some of my best friends are otakus. (which is another issue in of itself.) Anyways, no one takes me seriously. I look like I could be in middle school, don't give a shit about how i look, and am sick of people having no lives.
I honestly don't know what kind of site this people attracts, (please tell me i didn't just get in dangerous territory by dissing metal core.) But I'm so fucking sick of people right now I just want to talk about amazing bands or get recommendations. I wanted to make this message longer, but that is ok. I'm sure I don't even have to go into the whole "female metal head" thing. That part sucks as is.

Shakira

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 am

Hey Shakira, yeah being in a scene of one is something I'm sure many metal fans are used to, Doncaster's the same, there's not a hell of a lot for metal here and the place is swarming with chavs and trendy types so if you're into metal here you're kinda on your own and it does get annoying. That said, they've started putting on a metal night in a bar in town recently and I went along to that last week, was pretty cool and if they don't have it they say bring it in and they'll play it. But yeah, it's kinda hard to find people on the same wavelength a lot of the time and it is frustrating when you're passionate about something but don't have many people to share it with! You'll find like minded people here though, many of them female as well, into metal in all its forms so hopefully you'll be fine here. That said, we've been pretty quiet here for a while but it's always been pretty friendly though.

I will add that, hard though it is when there's pressure to conform and fit in, individuality is something to be prized, so hang onto that yeah? It's a rare thing, but you can at least be proud of the fact that, unlike so many you're not a sheep, you're not following the crowd or compromising yourself to try and fit in with everyone else, again take pride in that fact. Same with your friends, don't worry too much about which group you or they best fit in to, it really isn't important, important thing is they accept you for who you are and you do likewise, if you're into different stuff that's fine, doesn't really matter. Anybody who won't accept you for you isn't worth your time anyway and it sounds like there are people in your life that do, so long as you like them and get on with them it's cool.

As for dissing metalcore, no worries, you're entitled to like and dislike what you want of course, only rules we have here really are be respectful to the other people on here but we all have our own tastes and likes and dislikes. I'm quite big on black metal for example which some people absolutely despise, and are free to say so, so long as they're not dissing me personally for listening to it it's fine. I'm not a fan of metalcore either tbh, I don't mind it but I just find it all very samey and repetitive, and get kinda irritated that many people who are into that sort of thing are totally closed minded to anything that isn't metalcore, play them some Black Sabbath or Slayer or something and they're like "What the hell is this? It's shit." which gets kinda annoying, and is the only beef I have with metalcore really.

So what sorts of bands are you into Shakira? Any particular favourites or favourite genres?
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakira Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Demoniac wrote:Hey Shakira, yeah being in a scene of one is something I'm sure many metal fans are used to, Doncaster's the same, there's not a hell of a lot for metal here and the place is swarming with chavs and trendy types so if you're into metal here you're kinda on your own and it does get annoying. That said, they've started putting on a metal night in a bar in town recently and I went along to that last week, was pretty cool and if they don't have it they say bring it in and they'll play it. But yeah, it's kinda hard to find people on the same wavelength a lot of the time and it is frustrating when you're passionate about something but don't have many people to share it with! You'll find like minded people here though, many of them female as well, into metal in all its forms so hopefully you'll be fine here. That said, we've been pretty quiet here for a while but it's always been pretty friendly though.

I will add that, hard though it is when there's pressure to conform and fit in, individuality is something to be prized, so hang onto that yeah? It's a rare thing, but you can at least be proud of the fact that, unlike so many you're not a sheep, you're not following the crowd or compromising yourself to try and fit in with everyone else, again take pride in that fact. Same with your friends, don't worry too much about which group you or they best fit in to, it really isn't important, important thing is they accept you for who you are and you do likewise, if you're into different stuff that's fine, doesn't really matter. Anybody who won't accept you for you isn't worth your time anyway and it sounds like there are people in your life that do, so long as you like them and get on with them it's cool.

As for dissing metalcore, no worries, you're entitled to like and dislike what you want of course, only rules we have here really are be respectful to the other people on here but we all have our own tastes and likes and dislikes. I'm quite big on black metal for example which some people absolutely despise, and are free to say so, so long as they're not dissing me personally for listening to it it's fine. I'm not a fan of metalcore either tbh, I don't mind it but I just find it all very samey and repetitive, and get kinda irritated that many people who are into that sort of thing are totally closed minded to anything that isn't metalcore, play them some Black Sabbath or Slayer or something and they're like "What the hell is this? It's shit." which gets kinda annoying, and is the only beef I have with metalcore really.

So what sorts of bands are you into Shakira? Any particular favourites or favourite genres?

Thanks. (Seriously, thanks.) I used to hate black metal and all it stood for. That went away with time, and Wolves in the Throne Room (I usually refer to it as WITTR) just opened up that whole genre for me, I have them to thank Smile I am definitely proud of my individuality, sheep are fluffy but serve no purpose. (and when speaking about my friends, I usually don't put them in genres, only using it as an example.) I don't care much about female Vs. male but my school just made me weary. Examples are endless, but I've had some one tell me that "chicks don't like good music" and shit like that just makes me mad. When I'm out of school I'm sure it'll be easier, but until then I can listen to Artas by myself.

Shakira

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 27, 2011 2:58 pm

On behalf of the whole forum I give you the warmest of Metal welcomes Shakira! Smile Relax your among friends here.. Make your opinions heard and dont worry about having your own identity. That is a GOOD thing! My boyfriend is a gamer and he got me into gaming myself. Gamers rock! Very Happy Be nice to chat with you about them in the Gaming Thread. Also if theres other people online at the same time as yourself or me click into the Chat Box. Its real time Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Yeah, welcome Shakira! And yeah, black metal has had a bad press but is home to some of the most talented and creative bands in metal. I remember reading the book "Lucifer Rising" and the author saying that "black metal is arguably the most vital and creative force in contemporary music", I'd be hard pushed to disagree but would extend that statement to the whole of metal, cos there's loads of other cool stuff going on elsewhere in the metal scene. But yeah, black metal has a dodgy history, which as a fan gets kinda annoying when people ask me (and frequently do) "Oh? You like Burzum? You're a Nazi then?" Erm, no. Tbh I was the same as you, I avoided black metal for a long time but then heard Emperor's "Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk" album and was converted in one listen (an album you need to hear if you haven't already btw!) If you like WITTR btw then and want some recommendations then give Fen, Agalloch, Altar Of Plagues and Negura Bunget a listen. Burzum too, check out Filosofem or Hvis Lyset Tar Oss albums, yeah the guy's a nasty piece of work but his music's really good, an unfortunate fact that one of the most despicable men in metal is also one of the most influential.

School, unfortunately, is a pain in the arse at the best of times, I used to get that sort of thing at school, or worse, after I'd left! When I'm getting people saying "Oh, metal, havent you grown out of that yet?" by people who listen to Sugababes I just wanna slap them. As for the "chicks don't have good taste" thing, just tell them why what THEY listen to is crap hopefully they'll shut up. Again if you're getting guys who like Britney Spears trying to give you lessons in music they have problems! I think tbh though more women are getting into metal, and often quite extreme metal, certainly more than there used to be. I mean I went to a festival callled Deathfest not long ago (death metal festival as you might expect) and there were loads of women there, that'd never happen ten years ago, only women you'd see at metal gigs had just been dragged along by their boyfriends.

Anyway, yeah, nice to see you on the forum Shakira, hope to hear more from you soon, and btw if you haven't already check the link to the free Enslaved EP I posted on the other section, good music made even better by the fact the band are giving it away for nowt!
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalChick84 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 am

An adult numeracy course I am currently taking through Learn Direct >_< Hate Maths with a passion, just frustrates me Sad I'm trying to improve and and also help my confidence at the same time, but it sucks a lot!
MetalChick84
MetalChick84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 am

MetalChick84 wrote:An adult numeracy course I am currently taking through Learn Direct >_< Hate Maths with a passion, just frustrates me Sad I'm trying to improve and and also help my confidence at the same time, but it sucks a lot!

I was never strong at maths... It still sucks as an adult tbh... Keep at it it ll be very useful in later life Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum