Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Albums

+5
m3garh0d
JBa55
Angel Of Mercy
NightReaper
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favourite Albums - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Albums

Post  Angel Of Mercy Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:28 am

JD-Metallion wrote:1) Iron Savior - Unification
Every time I listen to this album, every song gives me goosebumps and gives me that awesome metal feeling u get. Like, the very first time a metalhead listens Slayer or early Metallica or something. Listening to this album makes me so proud to be a metalhead. There's also good cover tracks of "Neon Knights" and "Gorgar", and also a bonus track of an unsigned band called excelsis.

2)Iced Earth - Something wicked this way comes
An album that I've loved for so long.... and I still do. Again, every track on this you can listen to from start to finish. Great riffs, sing-a-long chorus', fist pumping, head banging awesomeness.

3)Blind Guardian - Nightfall in middle earth
As previously stated in a recent post, "Epic" is the perfect word to describe it. IMO one of the best concept albums ever written.

4)Slayer - Season in the Abyss
Slayer were the first band that got me into more extreme metal (previously I was into nu-metal) until I saw the video for "seasons... " on headbangers ball. From that day on.... I knew metal was my life. Even though "reign in blood" was the first slayer album I bought and listened too, that song i saw on MTV would change my life forever (kinda) lol

5)Wintersun - "self-titled"
First coming across the music video for "Beyond the dark sun" on a Monsters of metal DVD, I literally shat myself because the insane riff, sweeping melodies, fitting vocals just blew me away. I instantly went and bought the album knowing for a fact the rest of it was going to be bitchin'..... and I was right.

6) Nile - Ithyphallic
When I first heard "In thier darkened shrines" I thought nothing could beat that album.... wrong was I. Words can't describe how insane and gnarly this record is.

7) Lamb of god - As the palaces burn
I don't know what it is about this LOG album that seperates it from the others. The riffs are heavy, catchy.... headbangy... you get the idea. Definetly my fave LOG album.

Cool Made of Hate - Bullet in your head
Alot of people call them Children of bodom rip-offs, But I like them. In fact, IMO I actually prefer them to bodom. Sure there are lots of simularities between the 2 (except MOH don't have a keyboardist) They have catchy riffs, great songs, rad solos... whats not to like?

9) Manowar - Kings of metal
This woould be higher up, except that I haven't been listening to this for very long. But so far, it's already made it into my favourites list. Classic riffs, triumphant solos, soaring angelic vocals, and of course the ace bass solo on "Sting of the bumblebee"

10) Persuader - When eden burns
The vocalist is absolutly outstanding, a very close resemblence to Hansi from Blind Guardian... probably the closest you can get.

Glad to see a wintersun fan here!
Angel Of Mercy
Angel Of Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Evile - Infected Nation
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Otep - The Ascension
Yes - Tales From Tropographic Oceans
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Carcass- Heartwork
The Cure - Faith

... I have quite a few favourite albums (but these are the ones that I can put on and listen to the whole way through regularly)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:19 pm

Thats quite a varied taste you got there Consuela! Smile Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content