Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamers Thread

5 posters

Go down

Gamers Thread Empty Gamers Thread

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 am

So looking at this forum I see a lot of members are guys.. So a lot of you are probably gamers! Me personally a little online RPG, miniclip flash games and Plants vs Zombies keep me very happy. But for the hardcore this is your thread tell us what you play and recommend the novices some quality games! Cool
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Gamers Thread Empty Re: Gamers Thread

Post  Demoniac Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:39 am

Yeah, I used to play games on my PC loads but haven't bothered that much since I got my laptop, at least not with commercial games anyway, used to play World Of Warcraft a fair bit but cancelled my subscription to that some months back cos I didn't feel I was playing it often enough to get my money's worth. Got a Wii console as well and a good few games for that, including most of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games, they're pretty cool. So yeah, I do like my games but tends to be either on the Wii or if it's on my PC it's just free games I download.

Will give you the links to a couple of cool games I've downloaded, if you like fantasy RPG type stuff you might like these. One is Battle For Wesnoth, a fantasy strategy war game with RPG elements thrown in. It has a series of campaigns you can play through, each with its own storyline and a number of battles you have to fight, troops that are victorious in battles will become more powerful and be available to you in the battles you fight later. Simple to play but very tactical, and starts off with fairly easy campaigns but becomes very hard very quickly! It can be downloaded from the following site.

http://www.wesnoth.org/

Another is Legerdemain, although this is gonna be a total marmite game for most of you, you'll either absolutely love it or despise it. Graphically is very primitive, uses mostly text based graphics but compensates for that with depth of gameplay and an incredibly rich and detailed world to explore. It's another fantasy RPG type game which starts off with you waking in some strange prison and you have to first escape then find out how and why you ended up there and discover your true identity and destiny. The designers claim it offers over 200 hours of gameplay which I can believe, I've been playing it a few days and seems I've only just scratched the surface.

It takes cues from "roguelike" games, and I'll warn you it includes a form of "permadeath" as many roguelikes do, that basically means if your character dies your saved game file goes to the grave with him, he's well and truly dead and you have to start over! In Legerdemain that can be overcome by saving at the inn, don't wanna give away too many spoilers but if you save at the inn when you die you'll just wake up in your room at the inn having had a nightmare and can restart from that point, best way forward then is to find the inn as soon as you can, save, then go exploring and return to the inn every so often. Anyway, if you like the sound of it you can get it from the following webpage.

http://roguelikefiction.com/

I was gonna give you the link to an interactive fiction website as well but I'll do that on another thread cos this post is getting quite long, lol, anyone who remembers the old text adventure games will enjoy those, yeah I know I'm going retro but retro's cool Smile

Anyway, was a longer post than I intended but meh, there's a couple of cool games for you, both free (although Legerdemain ask that if you enjoy the game you support them by donating them money, but that's optional, if you do it they'll send you extras though), hope some of you enjoy those anyway and if anyone else has cool stuff to share I'd love to see it too. Enjoy
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks for starting us off Demoniac! I look forward to see where this goes and if it gains us any new and shy members who may be lurking Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sents Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:58 pm

xbox, fable, nuf said Very Happy
sents
sents
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

sents wrote:xbox, fable, nuf said Very Happy

What is Fable? You gonna get that Kinect thing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Just finished a game called Jolly Rover. Pretty good! I get all my games from a guy nicknamed Adnan Boy. His blog: http://adnanboy.blogspot.com/ he also has a forum with more games linked through there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 pm

I have a megadrive XD ... sonic, alien storm, mortal kombat and all that
I also LOVE zombie games ... left for dead, dead rising etc Smile can't wait to get my hands on undead rising bounce
Also a bit of a civilisation player

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Consuela have you ever played Plants vs Zombies?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Indeed I have!! Very Happy
It is rather awesome!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 pm

I like Plants vs Zombies, got the game on my iPod and yeah it's pretty cool. Resident Evil games are also good, played those on the PS2 and also got Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. I really need to invest in an XBox or something just cos XBox and PS3 seem to get all the cool games, the Wii's a good console just unfortunately people don't develop decent games for it! Screw you Mario Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, if you like zombie games I found this fairly recently, Rogue Survivor, it's a free game (Windows only) and can be downloaded from the website below. It's still in the alpha stage of development so don't expect it to be perfect, there may be a few bugs and depending on your computer's setup you might have to play about with the graphics and sound options via the game's config program to get it to run. Despite being an alpha version it's still fully playable, all the features are in there and the author regularly posts updated versions on the website with new additions to the game.

http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/

It's a survival game basically, you're in a post-apocalypse type city where people have turned into zombies and the only object of the game is simply to survive as long as you can. You'll have to scavenge food, weapons and supplies, you'll encounter other survivors who you might be able to get to join you, you'll need to find safe places to hole up and sleep, possibly smashing up furniture and using it to board up the doors and windows! It's more like a turn based strategy game than an action game though, and it's more about staying alive than going on a zombie killing rampage, there's fighting but it'll only be to keep the zombies off you long enough to get a breather, but is kinda cool and kinda unique. If you like the sound of it take a look anyway.

Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Oh awesome ... may give that a go actually Smile especially since this fucking snow means I am probably going to be stuck at home for a while >8(
thankyou!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dhunt Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 pm

im a bit of a gaming nut too ;p play warcraft , and have far too many games for the 360 as it stands xD
have regular gaming nights with a bunch of mates , couple of tvs and xboxes , pizza and a good laugh What a Face
Dhunt
Dhunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Of Mercy Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 am

It's been a while! Good to see this place again! Laughing

Been gaming all my life pretty much, since the age of the Nintendo 64. I remember coming home from Scotland and my dad saying "I've got something for you" and opened the boot of the car and there she was. A Nintendo 64 with ISS Superstar Soccer and a few other games, but they escape me now. I did however own Mario 64, Shadows Of The Empire, Rogue Squadron, Ocarina Of Time and Majora's mask for a period.

Then I sold it all (stupidly) and decided an Playstation 2 was a better move, because it was more recent (at the time) I also had an Xbox for a bit.

But all of that's gone and I'm left with having gone through almost every console under the sun (Including Gamecubes, Wii's, 360's PS3's) my PC.

In which I am now playing a lot of Planetside 2, Age Of Chivalry and Team Fortress 2. Though I was playing through Deus Ex (before I just decided nahhh.) but I love the soundtrack for that game. Amazing title, wish I hadn't stopped!
Angel Of Mercy
Angel Of Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 am

Iv grown up gamewise now I have both an XBOX and PS3... Last game I beat was Ratchet and Clank:Tools of Destruction for PS3. I am now busy playing the Atelier series (also on PS3).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down