Metal Head Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So admit it do you......

5 posters

Go down

What Do YOU Think of Illegal Downloading?

So admit it do you...... I_vote_lcap50%So admit it do you...... I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
So admit it do you...... I_vote_lcap0%So admit it do you...... I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
So admit it do you...... I_vote_lcap50%So admit it do you...... I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

So admit it do you...... Empty So admit it do you......

Post  Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Download? pirat And what do you think of it? I think its a great way of discovering new music and bands and to be honest 99% of music on my ipod is downloaded... I seriously dont have the cash to afford all the bands I like!! Please note we now have an official poll you can vote on Razz

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://metalheadsrock666.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

So admit it do you...... Empty Re: So admit it do you......

Post  Angel Of Mercy Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Admin wrote:Download? pirat And what do you think of it? I think its a great way of discovering new music and bands and to be honest 99% of music on my ipod is downloaded... I seriously dont have the cash to afford all the bands I like!!

I don't download, I use a service called Spotify in order to find out new bands, to be honest I got no money either. It's going towards a new amp, bloodstock 2011 and more. So I better find a sorce of cash quick!
Angel Of Mercy
Angel Of Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AceLucky Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:23 pm

I often don't no, I'm a bit old-fashioned and I love to own CD's and even casette tapes and vinyl's, occasionally I do and then it's a 50-50, sometimes it's through itunes and very occasionally I'll do the pirat thing...haha it's alright I just love having the material cd and also I love album artwork <3
AceLucky
AceLucky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

AceLucky wrote:I often don't no, I'm a bit old-fashioned and I love to own CD's and even casette tapes and vinyl's, occasionally I do and then it's a 50-50, sometimes it's through itunes and very occasionally I'll do the pirat thing...haha it's alright I just love having the material cd and also I love album artwork <3

I copy downloaded stuff onto cds..And I also has them Razz Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Keiyentai Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 am

Twisted Evil I think you know the answer

Keiyentai

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:55 am

Keiyentai wrote: Twisted Evil I think you know the answer

Nods.. This thing should really have a poll!! Not sure if I can put it in now
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoniac Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

Nah, I don't download, even legal downloads I don't like cos I like to have the actual CD rather than a few files on my computer or a CD-R with nothing but the band name and album title scribbled on the front.

I'm also of the mindset that bands are entitled to some return for their efforts, thankfully most metal bands aren't motivated solely by money unlike most of the top 40 these days, but they're not gonna do it for free either and if you're passionate about music and about particular bands you should support the bands and the scene by taking out your wallet from time to time. Don't get me wrong, am not against downloading, I think it can be an excellent way to discover new bands, and people will download or copy albums by bands they'd never have heard otherwise and it'll get the band new fans they wouldn't have had, and of course for most of us we can't afford all the albums we want anyway.

However, we should still support our favourite bands, and the metal scene in general by paying for at least the albums we really like and really want, if you download albums fine so long as you are paying for a fair share of your collection, and I think most people do that, there's this whole thing about people who download vs people who buy, fact is most people do both. It's just the mentality of some people who download EVERYTHING and never pay for a single album that I think sucks, thinking that "if I can't have it for free I'm not gonna bother with it", that's kinda a crap attitude IMO.

*gets off soapbox* Wink
Demoniac
Demoniac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:22 am

I am picky with what I buy I only buy stuff I really really like and want. And of course when I go to a bands gig I buy at least a t shirt or hoodie. Bands generate more revenue from gigs and merch then album sales it is said. And even people in bands download! They arent all saints Twisted Evil Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum